Sunday, December 2, 2012

This Day of Thanks

Well, I found out this past week that I am being transferred to Napa and will be working in an English ward! Something new! My new companion will be Elder Cosman, and I am excited to serve there with him. I am so dearly grateful for these past few weeks in Santa Rosa. The people here truly have changed my life forever and I know I will always carry them in my hearts. I hope one day (hopefully during my mission). I can return and see their progression in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

With Thanksgiving and all the experiences I have had here recently, I want to give thanks to my Heavenly Father. I know that I am a son of God because I have been so richly blessed in my life. There is no substitute for the happiness I feel as I live the gospel of Jesus Christ and keep the commandments God has given me. That is what leads to true and lasting happiness ... keeping the commandments of God. I know that God is real and that He lives. I know that He lives because when I pray I feel His presence and receive personal guidance through the Holy Ghost. I am grateful for the guidance my Father above has given me, because He knows what is best for me and for ALL of His precious children.

I look forward to the challenges ahead of me here on my mission. I know that my faith will continue to grow as I climb the mountains the Lord puts in front of me. I know that Jesus Christ walks by us, step by step. I know that when no one else understands what we go through or feel, He does, because He has suffered for all of it. How grateful I am to know that Jesus Christ died for me and for all mankind. I know that He lives and that soon He will come again in His glory. I love my mission because it brings me closer to Him.

The toughest times of my mission have been when I have had to leave my areas. These people are my family. They are my brothers and sisters and I know God placed me here for them. I know that there are many more that need me here on my mission. I want to be a true disciple of Jesus Christ and serve him until the end. I am so grateful for all of my family, for they have anchored me in my life and helped me focus my life on Jesus Christ. I know I was born into the family I was born into because I needed them. My parents are my heroes because they helped me see who I am; a son of God. I know that we all need to be grateful at this time when we celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I pray for all of you and I pray for my friends that are currently serving missions around the world. I know that their lives are being changed for the eternities and that they are bringing more of our brothers and sisters into the fold of God through Jesus Christ. I will keep you all posted about my adventures in the land of the vineyards. This day I give thanks for all the many miracles and blessings I have seen here in beautiful Santa Rosa.


Los Amo,

Elder Vance



No comments:

Post a Comment