Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Spiritual Soldiers

Things are going well here in Santa Rosa. We had a great week and enjoyed our Thanksgiving with so many of the wonderful members here. Transfers are coming up this Friday, and I hope I have the opportunity to stay here for another transfer. I love my companion, Elder Eaton. He has helped me so much and we work so well together. We look forward to many more of the miracles and blessings that Heavenly Father has in store for us this week.
For everything that is good in this life, we know that there is an opposite. To know good we must all know evil. To know happiness we must know sadness. I know that Heavenly Father has created a plan for us and for our families. We chose before this life to come to earth and to be tested. We all have trials and difficulties, but we know that what we choose to do through the trials that come is what truly defines us.

Elder Eaton and I have seen the blessings of heaven here. We walk and knock on doors, teach lessons, and serve the people in our area. We have been called to be representatives of Jesus Christ and with that comes a power of righteousness. We are doing all we can to be the soldiers God needs in His army. There is so much darkness out there in the world today and I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to bring light into the lives of those who dwell in spiritual darkness. In this life we have the freedom to choose between following Jesus Christ or following Satan. As missionaries, we have had the opportunity to see the difference in those that follow Jesus Christ and those that do not. I love these verses from the Book of Mormon:

Moroni 7:16-17

16 For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.
 17 But whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do evil, and believe not in Christ, and deny him, and serve not God, then ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of the devil; for after this manner doth the devil work, for he persuadeth no man to do good, no, not one; neither do his angels; neither do they who subject themselves unto him.
We are all born with the Light of Christ, or in other words, a conscience. It is a gift to all sons and daughters of God, but depending on what we choose to do, that light we will either shine for Christ or flicker in unlit corners with the Adversary. As it says in the verses from Moroni above, whatsoever persuades a man to do good is sent from God, but whatsoever persuades a man to do evil is sent from the Devil. I know that God and His Son, Jesus Christ live. They are as real to me as my friends and family. I know that they live because I feel their presence in my life. Prayers are answered and I am inspired to do good. I also know that the Adversary also is real, but I know that we can overcome him and the temptations he sends our way through prayer.

We are all sons and daughters of God. We all have a light within us that can shine in this world. We can make a difference.We can be spiritual soldiers for righteousness ... and by serving, reading, praying, and going to church we grow the light of Christ within us. I know that I am on the Lord's side. I know that Jesus Christ is going to return soon and I invite you all to prepare for His Second Coming. If you are not on the Lord's side, make adjustments in your life so that you can be on His team. We know in the end that God will win. There is so much happiness that comes from living His commandments and following His son, Jesus Christ. Be spiritual soldiers who march boldly onward.

Los Amo,


Elder Vance

P.S. I invite you all to watch and share the video below. It explains a little bit about the Book of Mormon and why it is so important. It is through reading in the Bible and in the Book of Mormon that we can come closer to our Heavenly Father above.

http://www.lds.org/pages/book-of-mormon-an-introduction?lang=eng






No comments:

Post a Comment