Friday, December 21, 2012

One Night, One Star, One Child

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Before this life we all lived in the presence of our Heavenly Father. We talked with Him and walked with Him. We did not have bodies and yet He did. He made a plan and laid it out before all of us. He needed one of us to sacrifice ourselves for all the rest of His children. He needed someone that would do His will and not their own. He needed someone that would be perfectly obedient to His commandments. I know the person that volunteered to come down to be the Savior of the world was Jesus Christ. 

"With the birth of the babe in Bethlehem, there emerged a great endowment - a power stronger than weapons, a wealth more lasting than the coins of Caesar. This child was to become the King of kings and the Lord of lords the promised Messiah- Jesus Christ, The Son of God." 
- President Thomas S. Monson -

Christmas has always been a special time for me and my family. I look back and remember all the special moments I have shared with my family and friends and the laughs and love that accompany those precious memories. The Christmas season is such an exhilarating time for me. Looking back, I hardly ever remember the gifts I received. But the thing I always do remember is that Jesus Christ has been at the heart of every Christmas of my life. I attribute that to wonderful and faithful parents that always taught me to follow Jesus Christ in my life. As a young boy I remember sitting by the fireplace and my mother reading Christmas stories to me and my four younger sisters. I could feel a spirit of love and I could feel how close the young precious babe was to me. To this day, I know and believe that the true meaning of Christmas is love. 

I have felt that love throughout my life, that special love that Jesus Christ offers to all that remember and come unto him. Christmas as a missionary is something very special to me because I have the opportunity to share that love with everyone I come in contact with and see that love change the lives of many.

"To catch the real meaning of the "spirit of Christmas", we need only drop the last syllable, and it becomes "the Spirit of Christ". 
- President Thomas S. Monson -

There was one night that changed the world for eternity, one star that shone through the heavens, and one child that would save all mankind. I know that this one event changed the world forever. I know that Jesus Christ was born in Bethlehem to the virgin, Mary. I know He was sent from our Heavenly Father to come to earth and save us from our sins. I know that He lives and that He loves us. I also know that any person can change and become a new person through Jesus Christ. I know that His birth, mortal ministry, and sacrifice for us was part of God's plan from the beginning. I know that one day Jesus Christ will come again, and it is up to each of us to decide whether to follow Him or not. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ and that is one of the reasons I decided to serve a mission. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to testify and bring this special message about Jesus Christ to my brothers and sisters here in California for 2 years. I love testifying and teaching people about Jesus Christ. I feel so blessed for all the many things Heavenly Father has given me. I love my mission and am so grateful to my family and friends who love and support me here. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and share the true meaning of Christmas with your friends and family. It is because He came, that we may all live with our families forever.


"Jesus Christ is... the light of the world because his example and his teachings illuminate the path we should walk to return to the presence of our Father in Heaven". 
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks -

"There is a magic in Christmas. Hearts are opened to a new measure of kindness. Love speaks with increased power. Tensions are eased...

"Of all things of heaven and earth of which we bear testimony, none is so important as our witness that Jesus, the Christmas child, condescended to come to earth from the realms of His Eternal Father, here to work among men as healer and teacher, our Great Exemplar. And further, and most important, He suffered on Calvary's cross as an atoning sacrifice for all mankind.

"At this time of Christmas, this season when gifts are given, let us not forget that God gave His Son, and His Son gave His life, that each of us might have the gift of eternal life"

- President Gordon B. Hinckley -

Los Quiero Mucho!

Elder Spencer Guy Vance







No comments:

Post a Comment