Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Big Picture

"Thou Hast With Unwearyingness Declared The Word"- Helaman 10:4

This last week I had some amazing experiences and would love to share them with you. Last week I saw the "big picture". I really saw the faith of one of our investigators, Domingo, and how much he has really changed. I saw that he has so much hope for himself; that through baptism and using the Atonement of Jesus Christ he could be free from his sins. He has been keeping all of his commitments and his desire to CHANGE is amazing. Last week we taught him about repentance, and the best part of that whole lesson was when he stopped and said, "God was saying, ‘you two go and teach THAT guy. He wants to learn but he doesn’t know where to start.’ You guys are ANGELS." Those four words will stay with me forever. As he finished saying that, tears came to my eyes. It made my purpose as a missionary that much more important … to bring others unto Christ. I am literally, in all ways possible, a representative of Jesus Christ. I bore testimony to him that this gospel can give him and his kids a better life. I saw his faith and the strength of his spirit. At that moment I could feel our Heavenly Father's love for him. He is MY brother and the Lord sent us to save him. I will never forget those words he spoke because this work isn't about selling some product. This is about eternal life.

Last Thursday I was able to go to the Oakland Temple. WOW. What a gorgeous temple of the Lord. As we arrived I felt this overwhelming peace and spirit that can only come in the temple. I am not sure why, but I had some distinct impressions while I was there. This temple is already so special to me and I would love to be married there someday. We were able to do an endowment session there as a district that day, and as I was sitting in the celestial room I said a prayer, thanking our Heavenly Father for my life and for my family. I thanked him for my missionary experience. I was thinking about my future family and how we could all be together forever if we will be faithful. I picked up un Libro de Mormon. As I was reading it I felt a strong feeling that someday I will teach my own children Spanish in our home, that they might have a love for the language that I pray and bear testimony in every day. It was an experience I will remember forever.

My mission has forever changed my life. We can always be missionaries and I feel every day that this work can be done by everyone. I love this gospel and what it has done for my own family. I feel like the Lord has blessed me in ways that I haven't even seen yet. My relationship with my Father in Heaven has been strengthened and I see miracles every day. The gift of tongues is real. I see it every day. The Lord prepares His people. I can't even imagine where I would be right now in my life without the fullness of this gospel.
Gracias por todos! Les Amo!!!!

Elder Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment