Monday, August 8, 2011

The Things I've Always Known I've Had

As time rolls along and my departure for the MTC draws even more near, I have been thinking a lot about what I have been given. I thought this last week would go by faster but the reason I think these last hours are going by slow is because Heavenly Father wants me to appreciate what I have in my life. He wants me to realize that the biggest thing in my life is this gospel. Without my testimony of Jesus Christ I would not be me. I cannot imagine not growing up in church that is centered around Jesus Christ and a strong family. Family is my foundation and it is where Spencer Vance was molded into who he is today. My favorite song growing up was “I Hope They Call Me On A Mission”. I remember I had a small missionary badge that I wore as a young boy that said “Future Missionary” on it. During those years, I looked up to the missionaries because I knew that one day my time to serve would come. I remember the many missionaries that came into our home and shared their amazing stories of sacrifice and service. But what I will probably remember most is the spirit they carried with them and the love they had to serve others. I hope that I can bring that same spirit into the homes of many families in Santa Rosa, California over the course of the next 2 years. I am so grateful for sister missionaries as well. Sister missionaries are very special to me. Sister missionaries taught my father the gospel of Jesus Christ. Without them I physically and spiritually would not be here today. I love talking to young women that plan on serving missions because their desire to serve makes me want to be a better missionary. For example, there is one young woman named Olivia Baeza. She is planning on serving a mission early next year. She is an inspiration to me because she has only been a member for a few years and the strength she has is amazing. When I found out she was a recent convert, I was shocked. Her testimony is so strong and every time I talk to her I feel the spirit. To me she is a spiritual giant and the Lord will be lucky to have her in His army. She is not only special to Him, but she is special to me. The people she will be serving are in for a real treat because her smile is contagious and the love she carries will spread like a wild fire. I know that there are people that only SHE can touch. I would like to wish her the best of luck and let her know that I do take her seriously about serving a mission next year. Luv ya Liv!:)


I love this scripture and I want to strive to be a Celestial Missionary.


Doctrine & Covenants 42:6
6 And ye shall go forth in the power of my Spirit, preaching my gospel, atwo by two, in my name, lifting up your voices as with the sound of a btrump, declaring my word like unto angels of God.


Love,


Soon to be Elder Spencer Guy Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment