Thursday, March 28, 2013

We Are Here



This past week was so great … we had an apostle come to our mission! There is such a power that comes with the apostolic calling. Elder Quinton L. Cook came and spoke to our entire mission. He told us that, "this is a time when the preaching of the gospel of Jesus Christ is going to be done like it has never been done before. We knew before this life that Jesus Christ would come and atone for our sins. It is our responsibility to open our mouths and spread the light of Christ." He talked about the flood of new missionaries that are beginning missionary service due to the age change, and I felt so proud to have a sister in the MTC right now! It is great to hear that my sister is having wonderful spiritual experiences and loving her mission. I know that she is going to change France one person at a time. Before Elder Cook ended his remarks, he left a blessing on all of us and upon the Santa Rosa, California mission. He said, "You will come to understand this is not only the most important thing you can do for yourself, but also for your family and friends. You will be blessed for the rest of your life because you decided to serve a mission. You are here right now for a specific reason. I promise you that as you serve diligently here, your families and friends will be blessed and strengthened." 

I know that I am here because I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that He lives and I know He has sent me to Santa Rosa, California to invite and help others to come unto Him. We are here as missionaries to bless the lives and homes of those that will receive us. This truly is an exciting time to be a missionary. I love being a servant of the Lord, Jesus Christ. There is nothing greater I can be doing with my life right now. Thank you all for your emails and continued support! I miss you all!

Los Quiero,

Elder Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment