Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tears Streaming



This past week was so amazing. Elder Mahoney and I continue to get along super well and Matt came to church again! He is continuing to progress towards his baptismal date on March 23! He is changing every day, in fact, he even fasted on this past Fast Sunday! I love Matt so much because when we teach him about a certain commandment he is so willing to keep it. On Sunday, while he was fasting, he said, "I gave up alcohol, coffee, chewing tobacco, my tea, AND FOOD! haha!" He has such a humble and sincere heart and we love teaching him. On March 23rd an apostle is also coming to our mission. We still don't know who it will be yet, but we are excited to have him come and, hopefully, he can even make it to Matt's baptism, which would be such a cool experience.  I love being here in the Brush Creek ward ... the members are so willing to help us find more people to teach. 
Last week I was lying in bed and pondering my mission. Tears of joy filled my eyes as I thought about the people I have been able to teach and help come unto Christ over the past 19 months. The spirit was so strong and the moments were so vivid in my mind. While I was thinking about the experiences that have shaped my mission into what it has become for me, I felt angels around me as I thought about "my" people whom I love so deeply and so dearly here. I gave thanks to my Heavenly Father during that experience because I knew He was reminding me and bringing me back to these deep memories that will make up the molecules of my eternity. It helped me realize how fast time goes on a mission, and it helped me recommit to giving it all I have, to leave every drop of sweat here in the mission field. I love being a missionary. There is a special joy that comes from sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with everyone. No matter where they are ... on the street, in a home, by a dumpster, or in a car ... they are all my brothers and sisters. These tears of joy came from the love I have for them, the joy there is in serving them and knowing without a shadow of a doubt that this is the Lord's work. Thank you all for your continual love and support. Everyone needs to serve a mission!
Los Quiero Mucho,
Elder Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment