Monday, October 22, 2012

More Than Mortal

Last week was an amazing week here in Santa Rosa with Elder Lenon. We received our transfer information and found out that Elder Lenon will be going to my last area (Davis/Woodland) and I will be staying here in Santa Rosa for another transfer. We are both so excited for these upcoming weeks. We have had so many incredible experiences together and I am grateful for Elder Lenon and for all the things I have learned from him. He is such a diligent and obedient missionary and I know that there were people here that needed him and I know I needed him. I learned many life lessons serving alongside him and I will always consider him my brother. I know wherever he goes in this mission he will be successful because of his faith and the spirit he brings into the homes of the people.

"Be everything you were created to be."

This one line gives me the inspiration to believe in myself and believe in God. I know that no one is a mere mortal, but that we all have been created in the form of our Heavenly Father. We ALL have divine potential. We are ALL sons and daughters of a loving Heavenly Father that will do anything and everything to help us and comfort us. Here on my mission I have been able to strengthen my personal connection with my Heavenly Father through prayer. I love praying. I feel the light of Christ grow within me when I pray and I feel the spirit. I am so grateful that I have the knowledge of prayer, the way in which we link ourselves to our immortal Father above. We ALL have the opportunity to return to His presence once again after this life. I have found that it is through prayer that I can have a very personal and deep conversation with my Heavenly Father. I know that He is there and I know that He listens. He has given us this short time here on earth to prove to Him that, outside of His presence, we can still be worthy. This time on earth is shorter than a blink of an eye on the eternal scale of our lives. I know that we lived with Him before, and that after our 70, 80, or 90 years on this beautiful earth we can return and live in celestial glory forever, and live as exalted beings with our families forever.

Remember that we are literal children of God. We all have been given imagination, talents, and gifts.
Our Heavenly Father is a merciful God. He loves us. He hears our cries and sees our tears. He sent his Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to suffer and die for us. I know that He sent Him because He loves us and He knew that an infinite sacrifice was needed to give all of His children an opportunity to return to Him again. Through all of the trials and afflictions of this earthly life, our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, are there for us. I know they both live. We all will stand before them and give an accounting of our life here one day. I invite you to pray and to strengthen that line of communication with our Heavenly Father. He wants to help us and He wants to bless us. Go to Him in mighty prayer to strengthen your faith and your testimonies. I love my mission and I love the people here in Santa Rosa. I ask you to pray for us so we can find the 101 of our brothers and sisters that are waiting for this message that will change their lives forever. Thank you all for your love and support. We are all more than mere mortals and we all have the same loving Heavenly Father. Be everything and all that you were created to be!

Los Amo,

Elder Vance

For all of my sisters out there in the world... I love this video:) http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#daughters-of-god








No comments:

Post a Comment