Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Believe With Me

I learned and grew so much from my experiences of this past great week. Elder Lenon and I had a leadership meeting with President Alba and he told us that when Elder Gavarret came recently he saw our mission seal/logo (check the bottom of the blog to see our mission seal). When he saw it he saw the infamous 101 California Highway on it, and Elder Gavarret said, "101, the number of baptisms in a month!". It was a challenge that he gave to our mission, yet we are not just trying to reach a number; there is a name and a face that is behind every single one of those people. They are our brothers and sisters. The focus of our leadership meeting was about how we can do it and what we can do to help more of our brothers and sisters come unto Jesus Christ.

President Alba showed us a film called, "The Butterfly Circus". If you do not OWN this short film I strongly encourage you to find it and order it as soon as possible! It is an amazing film that teaches a valuable lesson about believing in ourselves and how we can help others see that they are "Magnificent". I don't want to give the movie away but I love one line from the film; "The greater the struggle, the more glorious the triumph". Afterwards, we talked about trials we all have and how the Lord tests us all in many different ways. I have been tested on my mission, and it is through trials that we prove ourselves to our Heavenly Father. It is also through our trials that we are prepared for the blessings and miracles that are to come. Without trials, blessings and miracles would mean nothing to us. I surely saw that this past week.

After our meeting I realized that I needed more faith. I needed to demostrate more faith in my life. I needed to believe that my Heavenly Father can do anything and that we can find, teach, and baptize 101 of our brothers and sisters in a month. I know the Lord is preparing these people and that this mission is going to see a lot of miracles and blessings in the near future because we are seeing them now! One miracle is that we already have 90 people that have baptismal dates for the month of October. What a blessing! Normally our mission averages between 20-50 baptisms a month. The Lord is blessing us immensely and I know it is because we are increasing our faith in Him.

"Hope is the understanding that ALL of God's promises will be fulfilled."- Sister Alba

The day after our meeting Elder Lenon and I were on our morning run and I felt like I could fly. I was filled with faith and with a strength that I know was given to me. I prayed the night before for more faith so that I could grow and strengthen my testimony of the things I know are true. I know that when God promises us something that if we have faith, those promises will be fulfilled. It was an experience I will never forget. I know that Heavenly Father can bless us with more faith in our lives. Faith is more that just a belief; faith is an action. President Alba said, "We want you to do anything you need to do to believe, and to act on the things you believe." My life has been changed once again. My faith has grown and I have a stronger hope for things to come. It is through the small things such as prayer, reading the scriptures, and going to church that our faith grows.

I love this quote as well that talks about faith...

"God expects you to have enough faith and determination and enough trust in Him to keep moving, keep living, keep rejoicing. In fact, He expects you not simply to face the future (that sounds pretty grim and stoic); He expects you to embrace and shape the future ... to love it and rejoice in it and delight in your opportunities. God is anxiously waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can't if you don't pray, and He can't if you don't dream. In short, He can't if you don't believe." - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

I would like to invite you all to come with me and BELIEVE. I would like to invite you specifically to pray for our mission so that WE CAN PREPARE ourselves for the blessings and miracles that are being poured out upon us from the heavens. The heavens are open and the Lord is blessing us with our brothers and sisters that are ready to accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives. They are out there; those that are humble and are ready to make that sacred promise with God to follow His Son by being baptized. Pray for us so that we can develop stronger faith in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I want you all to believe in yourselves. We are not just ordinary human beings. We all have been given gifts, talents, and skills. We have the opportunity to change the world with our faith and with the light that is within us. Believe in yourselves. Believe in your family and friends. Have hope that with God ALL things are possible, and that it is never over for anyone. We all have a divine purpose and we are all children of a loving Heavenly Father. I know that He lives and that His Son, Jesus Christ, came to this earth to give us the opportunity to rid ourselves of sin. I know that anyone can change and that it is only through Jesus Christ that those true changes can occur. We all can return to live with our Heavenly Father again. I know that all of these things are true; that faith is action, and that with faith we receive answers and see blessings. Having an eye of faith allows us to receive pure knowledge. Become a believer.

Los Amo,


Elder Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment