Friday, January 11, 2013

Purity: A Life With Christ

Elder Cosman and I are loving it here in the Napa 3rd Ward. We are being so blessed and are grateful for all the miracles that continue to happen in our area. We know and feel that as we purify ourselves through Jesus Christ we will see more blessings from heaven and see more changes within ourselves. Sometimes it is not easy to change, but life was never meant to be easy. We are all here to pass the test of mortality and to decide to accept and be purified in Christ.


"His atonement is the most transcendent event that ever has or ever will occur from Creation’s dawn through all the ages of a never-ending eternity. It is the supreme act of goodness and grace that only a god could perform. Through it, all of the terms and conditions of the Father’s eternal plan of salvation became operative."
To obtain purity in our lives we must first recognize how our burdens and sins can be taken from us. We find our answer in the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Because He suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane for all of us, died for us on the cross and rose on the third day, we can rid ourselves of our sins and the things that hold us back from returning to and becoming like our Heavenly Father. Recently I have seen how, through repentance and using the atonement, I have changed and been turned more to my Father in Heaven. I have prayed to ask God for forgiveness for my mistakes and also for strength ... strength so that I can overcome my shortcomings and weaknesses and so that I can become a stronger and better son of God.


"We do not know, we cannot tell, no mortal mind can conceive the full import of what Christ did in Gethsemane. We know he sweat great gouts of blood from every pore as he drained the dregs of that bitter cup his Father had given him.

We know he suffered, both body and spirit, more than it is possible for man to suffer, except it be unto death. We know that, in some way, incomprehensible to us, His suffering satisfied the demands of justice, ransomed pentitent souls from the pains and penalties of sin, and made mercy available to those who believe in His holy name.

-Elder Bruce R. McConkie-
We must have a humble heart to obtain purity in this life. We must be willing to allow Jesus Christ to take our sins from us. We must do our part and take advantage of the Atonement in our lives. This life is the time to prepare to meet God and live with Him again. If we don't repent and change and become more like Him, we will be stained and weighed down by our sins; not just in this life, but forever. We can be made pure, there is hope for every fallen man, and heavenly joy awaiting all that come unto Christ. 



How grateful I am to know that Jesus Christ's purpose was to come to this earth to save all mankind from sin. I am so grateful for His sacrifice. I know that any guilt or anything we have done can be taken away from us because He came. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know we can all live with Him and our Heavenly Father again after this life with our families. I know that this church contains the gospel that Jesus Christ taught. I  know that He is the head of this church and one day soon He will come again. I am a believer and I promise you all that you can be made pure through His sacrifice. This is the greatest knowledge to have in this life; that He died for us and that He lives. I am grateful for His Atonement and I know that, even though I am far from perfect, I can become like Him in the end. Live your life knowing that He is watching you, and that He is there walking beside you step by step. As you lay aside your sins and go to Him you will be embraced by his open, loving arms and feel the miracle of forgiveness. 
I testify of these things in His sacred name, even Jesus Christ, Amen. 

"And through it, all who believe and obey the glorious gospel of God, all who are true and faithful and overcome the world, all who suffer for Christ and his word, all who are chastened and scourged in the Cause of him whose we are—all shall become as their Maker and sit with him on his throne and reign with him forever in everlasting glory." 
                                                         
Los Quiero Mucho,

Elder Spencer Guy Vance


No comments:

Post a Comment